-
Senior Member
registered user
Members, please see this snapshot. I followed Superman's suggestions and reloaded this page, when I woke up my system from Suspended state.
Note: I did not enter through Google! Just reloaded the same page, now as guest.
I found those ads!
And please carefully observe: The snapshot also contains which of the scripts are running on the Knoppix forum.
Really, this _is_ serious!
advert.png
-
@ Werner
No need to do that.
Writing some confusing stuff like "eBay adverts --> checked, checked" is my bad.
For some reason, the URLs of the eBay adverts all start with knoppix.net/store/
-
Senior Member
registered user
Please look at my earlier post: http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/314...l=1#post132431
I again woke the system up from Suspend and refreshed. The same scripts are running on the page.
And the adverts are being displayed.
advert2.png
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
can you check if the issue still exists? there were some old plug-ins installed that could have allowed for this redirection...
google and ebay ads should only show if you view the site as a visitor and are not logged in...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yes, my pleasure! Here is it:
advert3.png
I use 7.2.0 by the way, because Knoppix 7.4 doesn't allow me to install NVidia drivers. And without NVidia drivers the CPU heats up and shuts itself down.
Yes, now, from the address bar knoppix.net/forum has googleadservices and ebay only.
advert4.png
advert5.png
See the mouse-cursor highlighted and link at the bottom left.
Shall I try from google.com?
Last edited by rajibando; 05-22-2015 at 01:54 PM.
-
Senior Member
registered user
But ...
Please note that googleadservices lead to various sites, as shown below: and theoretically therefore, could even to adultfriendfinder ! See below:
advert6.png
So this is why!!! I get my answer.
-
@ Brooks
google and ebay ads should only show if you view the site as a visitor and are not logged in.
Glad it is confirmed by the site admin. Each word is worth its weight in gold.
...there were some old plug-ins installed that could have allowed for this redirection.
Not sure if the 'plug-ins installed' is referred to the plug-ins installed in KNOPPIX by default and 'this redirection' to the website of Adult Friend Finder or FileStore72.info. If so, would appreciate if the resulting plug-ins are able to be pointed out. If (big if) my memory still serves, I saw this kind of redirection for the first time while using KNOPPIX 7.4.2.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I was referring to a vbulletin plugin that might have been hacked..... I was able to replicate the issue, but can't any longer....

Originally Posted by
superman
@ Brooks
Not sure if the 'plug-ins installed' is referred to the plug-ins installed in KNOPPIX by default and 'this redirection' to the website of Adult Friend Finder or FileStore72.info. If so, would appreciate if the resulting plug-ins are able to be pointed out. If (big if) my memory still serves, I saw this kind of redirection for the first time while using KNOPPIX 7.4.2.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Brooks
... vbulletin plugin ....
Where is this plugin?
-
Senior Member
registered user
@ superman I believe you already know that Adblock plus can be updated. But can you update the NoScript?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99