Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Your advertisement area leads sometimes to Adult Friend Finder!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Your experiences are the result of a wrong use of a browser.

    To day you cannot use a browser without a script blocker and you have to think over the permission rules for this blocker. If you dont't use a script blocker, you are the victim of Google and all the other adservers. That's your own fault.

    If you know the URL of a website use the address line of your browser or bookmark it. Never type it in the search bar of Google or in the input field of any other addon-tool. Only if you don't know the URL use Google to search for it. If in doubt highlight the URL you'll get by Google with your mouse and compare it with the real URL you can see in the left bottom of the browser. It's so easy to forge an URL within HTML.

    I use Iceweasel/Firefox + NoScript and AdBlock+ and I've never seen Ebay or any other advert neither at knoppix.net/forum nor at knoppixforum.de.

    Please read also th last part of Privacy Statment (right bottom ot this Forum).

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Never type it in the search bar of Google or in the input field
    Yes, Sir, I know that the issue is because of my own fault. We know our fallibility yet we make mistakes. But should that mean that some companies will misuse that fallibility and get away with it?
    I just said that the matter could be taken up by the management. Google will listen because Knoppix is popular and together, our voices will not be ignored.

    And Thank you, Superman, now that you have posted the snapshot I also remember seeing those ads myself!
    Last edited by rajibando; 05-21-2015 at 04:32 AM.

  3. #3

    A bit of off-topic

    @ Werner

    I use Iceweasel/Firefox + NoScript and AdBlock+ and I've never seen Ebay or any other advert neither at knoppix.net/forum nor at knoppixforum.de.
    Took a snapshot of the screen after booting up the box without persistent overly, visiting this thread as a guest by typing http://knoppix.net/forum/forum.php into the address bar and then clicking on General Support > thread title > page 2.

    Iceweasel --> checked
    Noscript --> checked
    AdBlock+ --> checked
    eBay adverts --> checked, checked

    Let the photo do the talking...

    As a side note, once I logged in the forum, the adverts did disappear!

    Frankly, I don't mind either the eBay adverts or the Adult Friend Finder but am just a bit concerned about the details of user account; there's no need to re-post the link of the Privacy Statement as I have gone through it already

    Missing the good old days when BBS was the most common means of sharing info online...; pure and simple...

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Iceweasel --> checked
    Noscript --> checked
    AdBlock+ --> checked
    eBay adverts --> checked, checked"

    Let the photo do the talking...
    Yes, it talks to me: You use "Ebay adverts" and you allow "non-intrusive advertising".

  5. #5
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    But should that mean that some companies will misuse that fallibility and get away with it?
    Yes!
    f you use the Internet you can only select one of these:
    • comfortable <--------------------------> secure


  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Yes!
    Yes, that's right! Otherwise, we would have to form a pressure group, hand over some of our powers to some of the group members, and they will gradually become more powerful, run amok and self-serve with all those powers.
    Then why are we keeping ...?
    Last edited by rajibando; 05-21-2015 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275
    Serious, I have kept email notification when a new Bulletin is posted, ticked.
    As I clicked on the link given on the notification it led to FileStore72.info
    Email Link:
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%...5O4nu46wvkcbSw
    URL leads to webpage:
    http://filestore72.info/download.php?id=a0cd929c
    This is really serious!
    Screenshot from 2015-05-21 18:41:17.png

    Think we have to live with this
    Last edited by rajibando; 05-21-2015 at 02:24 PM.

  8. #8
    @ Werner

    Yes, it talks to me: You use "Ebay adverts" and you allow "non-intrusive advertising".
    Not sure if we have looked at the same snapshot I uploaded; I uploaded just one file, so we definitely are referring to the same stuff.

    I don't use Ebay adverts and don't tick "allow some non-intrusive advertising". To be precisely, whether "allow some non-intrusive advertising" is ticked or not, the eBay adverts appear while visiting the forum as a guest.

    Never mind!

  9. #9
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Not sure if we have looked at the same snapshot I uploaded; I uploaded just one file, so we definitely are referring to the same stuff.
    I looked again at your screenshot and please, excuse me - I admit, my interpretation has be wrong.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275
    @ Mr. Schulz
    I really become puzzled, and initially can't determine whom the posts in this topic are meant. Then I understand contextually.

    @Superman
    You have really a nice approach, using @ like they use it in chat. Really nice!
    I really like Mr. Schulz and I am saddened at the prospect of hurting him. He is such a gentleman! So it takes time for me to recover from the shock when I understand the concerned post wasn't meant for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold picture

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold

$121.00



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM picture

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM

$120.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00