I've never run into that, good to hear you got it going though. I don't know if you would consider that a bug or not but you can report it in the Bugzilla if you wish.
The Knoppix 3.2-2003-06-06-EN CD properly detected my trident onboard sound in my Desknote A901 notebook but it emitted a high pitched squeel out of the right speaker that sounded something like a fan in the computer going nuts. The trident, ac97_codec, and soundcore modules were loaded and I couldn't find anything that would be causing the problem. Did the hard drive install and the problem went away (thankfully) even though it is using the same modules. Oddly enough the squeel responded to mixer settings and all other sounds played fine with the addition of the squeeling. Here is the output from lspci -vv:Anybody else run into something similar? Is this a bug I should report somewhere?Code:00:01.4 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS PCI Audio Accelerator (rev 02) Subsystem: Alpha-Top Corp: Unknown device b901 Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- Status: Cap+ 66Mhz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- Latency: 32 (500ns min, 6000ns max) Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 10 Region 0: I/O ports at dc00 [size=256] Region 1: Memory at dfff0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K] Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2 Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+) Status: D0 PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=0 PME-
I've never run into that, good to hear you got it going though. I don't know if you would consider that a bug or not but you can report it in the Bugzilla if you wish.
Thanks Sfefan. I reported it but there wasn't anything I could add. Here's the link to it just in case.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08