I'm trying to make a remaster that can run headless and diskless for people who run distributed computing clients on their home networks. I also want it to be a robust linux distribution for those who use a machine that isn't gutted and who have never tried linux before. There are a lot of things I need to know before I can begin.
1)Are config files generated by scripts and then stored in ramdisk? What config's can be changed apart from stuff in /home?
2)Can I symlink /etc config files to /mnt/floppy so the user can customize things like smb.conf, fstab, lm-sensors, and hostname?
3)Does the floppy mount at boot-time in order to get custom info from disk or does it do so at run level 5?
4)I want to use a script to d/l an app and run it in ramdisk. It needs 64mb. Do I need a seperate ramdisk from the OS? What fs is the ramdisk? Where is it in the file structure?
5) Can I add things like i2c and autmount to my own kernel for knoppix? Do I just recompile the kernel before I remaster it?
6) Which WM can ran run in 64mb of ram or less? Would Icewm be the best choice for my default WM if my goal is to keep the ram requirement below 128mb?
7) I'm used to gentoo, where do I put modules I want to load at boot-time in knoppix?

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore 64 Vintage Computer System *PARTS/AS IS*
$70.00
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML
$100.00
Berkeley Softworks geoMouse Commodore 64 128 C64 C128 GEOS Mouse DB9 Vintage
$59.99
Commodore Plus4 Computer CBM 264 Original Box Not Working Repair or Part G2U
$99.99
Commodore 64 Drive Alignment & Utility Diskette
$9.99