I'm trying to make a remaster that can run headless and diskless for people who run distributed computing clients on their home networks. I also want it to be a robust linux distribution for those who use a machine that isn't gutted and who have never tried linux before. There are a lot of things I need to know before I can begin.
1)Are config files generated by scripts and then stored in ramdisk? What config's can be changed apart from stuff in /home?
2)Can I symlink /etc config files to /mnt/floppy so the user can customize things like smb.conf, fstab, lm-sensors, and hostname?
3)Does the floppy mount at boot-time in order to get custom info from disk or does it do so at run level 5?
4)I want to use a script to d/l an app and run it in ramdisk. It needs 64mb. Do I need a seperate ramdisk from the OS? What fs is the ramdisk? Where is it in the file structure?
5) Can I add things like i2c and autmount to my own kernel for knoppix? Do I just recompile the kernel before I remaster it?
6) Which WM can ran run in 64mb of ram or less? Would Icewm be the best choice for my default WM if my goal is to keep the ram requirement below 128mb?
7) I'm used to gentoo, where do I put modules I want to load at boot-time in knoppix?

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98
Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy
$499.99
Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99
Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2
$75.00
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99