Package Mgr error
Not even google will have any help...
Also I think this is the mail problem read whe it says in the term window...
1 more screenshor might be of some help to yall...
Thank you have a blessed day.
I do not have ther permission to edit any of these =A) /etc/apt/sources.list B) anything under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and C) /etc/apt/apt.conf
I came here and did a advance search on this topic but did not find notta. I have made a HUGE mistake with Synpatic Package Manager....
![]()
![]()
Ok So i did a
Code:su update to install flashplayer and now I am geting error in atp-get and the package mgr photos below can yall help me with a fix?
Synaptic Mang
Konsol error msg
![]()
Package Mgr error
Not even google will have any help...
Also I think this is the mail problem read whe it says in the term window...
1 more screenshor might be of some help to yall...
Thank you have a blessed day.
I came here and did a advance search on this topic but did not find notta. I have made a HUGE mistake with Synpatic Package Manager....
Ok So i did aCode:su update to install flashplayer and now I am geting error in atp-get and the package mgr photos below can yall help me with a fix?
Synaptic Mang
Konsol error msg
Package Mgr error
Not even google will have any help...
Also I think this is the mail problem read whe it says in the term window...
1 more screenshor might be of some help to yall...
Thank you have a blessed day.
Only root is allowed to change these files.I do not have ther permission to edit any of these =A) /etc/apt/sources.list B) anything under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and C) /etc/apt/apt.conf
Have a look at Debian release changed.
As a general rule, if it isn't under /home or /media, you'll need to prefix any command that needs write privileges with sudo. for example, to edit my sources.list, I type:Also, in my experience, the only things you need under /etc/apt are sources.list and the trusted files. Can't help much with Synaptic since I ditched it in favor of Aptitude years ago. If you posted copies of the actual terminal output instead of screenshots, I might could give specific advice. Pro tip: appending > filename to the end of a terminal command will redirect output to a text file name filename. 2> filename will redirect error messages, and >> will append output to an existing file.Code:sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
@tulsamike...
You say you did an advance search on synaptic. If you had a problem with flash player why not a search on that one, the main issue, before using sypaptic?
You have not caused any harm to your system. Rename the persistent and begin afresh. Follow what Mr. Schulz says.
You may like to follow my post on new knoppix users on sources.list. For installation of flash player plugin you may follow my posts on Flash player install where the easiest method to install the said plugin is explained clearly in post no.41.
You can happily recover whatever data and files you had in your old persistent, later.
ok this is my sources.list
I am still getting errors
What should it look like? and I thank you all for bothering with my dumb questions!!Code:# Debian/Squeeze is the stable base for this installation deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free # testing/unstable/experimental contain newer versions, but # packages from there are not being installed by default, unless # they came from there in the first place. deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free deb http://security.debian.org testing/updates main contrib non-free deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian experimental main contrib non-free # Debian/volatile contains quickly changing data like spam- and virusfilter data bases # Does not exist anymore # deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile stable/volatile main contrib no n-free deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stable-updates main contrib non-free deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian experimental main contrib non-free # Debian/volatile contains quickly changing data like spam- and virusfilter data bases # Does not exist anymore # deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile stable/volatile main contrib no n-free deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stable-updates main contrib non-free # Knoppix repository deb http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org ./ # x2go # deb http://x2go.obviously-nice.de/deb/ lenny main #deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian squeeze main #deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian wheezy main #deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian sid main # Debian Multimedia, contains non-free software like acrobat reader deb http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org ./ # x2go # deb http://x2go.obviously-nice.de/deb/ lenny main #deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian squeeze main #deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian wheezy main #deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian sid main # Debian Multimedia, contains non-free software like acrobat reader # deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org squeeze main non-free # eviacam # deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/cesar-crea-si/eviacam/ubuntu trusty main # deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/cesar-crea-si/eviacam/ubuntu trusty main
Because your lines are wrong!
I will give you a general direction. Look at sources.list, first line. See what is the Debian stable Version for the Knoppix version? It is the stock version.
Go to Debian site. See the series of versions: Lenny, Wheezy, Jessie, ...
For example, if Lenny, Then replace stable with Lenny, unstable with Wheezy, Jessie with ...
I hope you understand.
If something has been archived, replace the sources line to direct to the archived version.
Just use common sense, and no complicated ideas.
P.S. Please don't post too much of snapshots. Just post what you are asked to post.
Last edited by rajibando; 06-27-2015 at 03:51 AM. Reason: minor edit

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00