Quote Originally Posted by rajibando View Post
Because your lines are wrong!
I will give you a general direction. Look at sources.list, first line. See what is the Debian stable Version for the Knoppix version? It is the stock version.
Go to Debian site. See the series of versions: Lenny, Wheezy, Jessie, ...
For example, if Lenny, Then replace stable with Lenny, unstable with Wheezy, Jessie with ...
I hope you understand.
If something has been archived, replace the sources line to direct to the archived version.
Just use common sense, and no complicated ideas.

P.S. Please don't post too much of snapshots. Just post what you are asked to post.

Not everyone is a knoppix/Debian superuser we all started asking questions. sorry about all the pic's I just seen other posts asking for some screen shots so I thought it might help. Common sense to you may not be to another that is new to the wonderful world of knoppix/Debian!