New laptop and covered in dust? Is your question serious?Knoppix 7.4.2 and 7.5.0 work great on a new laptop, 2015, like you have. Have you checked the case for dust?
I'm trying to run Knoppix 7.4.2 from USB key; my laptop won't boot anything from DVD (efi problems) . It runs OpenSuSE and Fedora (and Windows) just fine; only Knoppix won't run graphics. I just tried installing the AMD proprietary Radeon driver on my USB key, but that resulted in a USB key which booted but made no progress after loading the ramdisk. Knoppix 7.5 isn't public yet (unless you are in Germany and can get the magazine). Looks like I need to go borrow another PC to remake my USB key after the breakage ...
New laptop and covered in dust? Is your question serious?Knoppix 7.4.2 and 7.5.0 work great on a new laptop, 2015, like you have. Have you checked the case for dust?
If I boot with 'knoppix64 xmodule=fbdev no3d', the machine boots successfully and runs X well enough for my purposes (no 3D acceleration, but that's OK). So all is well at the moment.
I've seen people leaving their machines on 24 hours a day for 6 months; cat hairs and everything else clogging the vents input and output. Since Chris has success with SuSE and Fedora and Windows and has presently solved his persistent troubles with his laptop earlier in time, I'll sit down and wait for the opportunity where I may be of some help convincing users to wean themselves off of windows permanently! I loved it when Klaus told a live audience that asked him if he ever used windows on his computers and he said, with earnest intent, "I don't have time for windows." Never forget that!

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive
$349.99
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$58.00
Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95