Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Remastering instructions in the wiki need updating

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    18

    Remastering instructions in the wiki need updating

    I got + genisoimage -l -r -J -V KNOPPIX -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -o /home/knoppix/knx/remastered.iso /home/knoppix/knx/master I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings) genisoimage: Uh oh, I cant find the boot image 'boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin' ! when I tried remastering with the instructions in the wiki, for Knoppix CD 7.2 . Would someone who knows what they are doing care to go through the files and get the 'genisoimage' right for the current syslinux/isolinux ? Thanks !

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Your posting isn't formatted and therefore unreadable.

    Please use the formatting suggestions and post again:
    Use double "new line" for new section.

    You can use the "Go Advanced" button to have more abilities to format the posting; before sending your posting use "Preview" to see how it looks like.

    If "noscript" (within Iceweasel/Firefox) is active for http://knoppix.net/forum/ disable it for this website; otherwise you cannot use the format abilities. Do not use Chrome/Chromium!

    Below the editor area is the "Additional Options" area. With "Attachments → Manage Attachments" you can upload images and after this insert them in your posting.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    18
    Remastering instructions in the wiki need updating

    I got

    + genisoimage -l -r -J -V KNOPPIX -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -o /home/knoppix/knx/remastered.iso /home/knoppix/knx/master

    I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings) genisoimage: Uh oh, I cant find the boot image 'boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin' !

    when I tried remastering with the instructions in the wiki, for Knoppix CD 7.2 . Would someone who knows what they are doing care to go through the files and get the 'genisoimage' right for the current syslinux/isolinux ? Thanks !

    (Hope this is formatted reasonably)
    Last edited by chris-ukl; 06-12-2015 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Addd

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    From the Wiki:

    • Find the partition you will use to work on and change the variable "PFAD" within the scripts as you need. In this example it is called /media/sda1.

    Have you done this within krhowto_1 to krhowto_4?

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    18
    I was working on a USB key which had been installed from Knoppix CD. I changed PFAD to /home/knoppix in the scripts.
    The problem is that the bootfile for the CD has changed. I can maybe figure what is going on by looking at the 'syslinux' web site, but maybe someone who already knows could get it right first time.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    18
    I think it may be a difference between running from USB key and CD. Let me try it again, from CD.

  7. #7
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Yes, the script only works with the origin CD.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



SK Hynix 2 x 8GB DDR5 RAM 5600 MHz picture

SK Hynix 2 x 8GB DDR5 RAM 5600 MHz

$149.99



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



LOT OF 15 Samsung 8GB DDR4-2933 ECC RDIMM 1Rx8 M393A1K43DB1-CVFBY 120GB picture

LOT OF 15 Samsung 8GB DDR4-2933 ECC RDIMM 1Rx8 M393A1K43DB1-CVFBY 120GB

$529.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT picture

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT

$9.99



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98