BUGGER ME!!!
Did what you said and it took, like, 1 second to do it!!!
Man, I'm impressed!
Thanx again, Doc.
Thanks Stephen for that info...
Regards Doc.
BUGGER ME!!!
Did what you said and it took, like, 1 second to do it!!!
Man, I'm impressed!
Thanx again, Doc.
Switching over to ext3 means you'll also need to update /etc/fstab to reflect the change.
This is something I want to do. I have Windows xp sp1 home editon, and assumed that if it was ntfs instead of fat32 it wouldn't work. Could you please give me step by step instructions, or if not, point me in the right direction for help.Originally Posted by jmboris
Thanks.
a bit of a problem along the same lines here. I just installed knoppix today....whopeee.... anyway I can see neither my NTFS or FAT32 partition. I have one HDD partitioned into 4 parts.... NTFS, FAT32, ext3, linux swap. I would like to use the FAT32 partit to store stuff like pictures and mp3s so I can access it (read/write) by both my OSes. Can someone tell me how do i get knoppix to see my other two HDDs? I am running win XP on the NTFS btw.
Thanks
Just did a little more research and came across this article. Maybe I am misunderstanding, but by looking at this, one can use the utility QTparted(already on the Knoppix cd) you can leave your file system NTFS.
http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfsresize.html
Anyone with a little more knowledge than me would care to take a look at it please and see what you get out of it.
I prefer using QTParted versus Mandrake's DiskDruid to resize NTFS partitions. Mandrake is too agressive and does a destructive resize if non-destructive isn't possible when for example the ntfs is corrupted, has bad sectors, etc. Never had this problem with QTParted. So for me it worked perfectly so far.
From what I have read so far, you can install on NTFS partition, but writing to it is risky. Do I have it right?
Well you can use QTParted to resize your NTFS partition, but you will need to install Knoppix onto a ext2, ext3, reiserfs, or xfs partition. BTW, please back up your data on your NTFS partition before you do this just in case something goes wrong.
Read the NTFS write status on the above ntfsresize page: the old ntfs driver was only for NT4 and it's risky but write is disabled for W2K and XP. The new NTFS driver has less write functionality but it's OK. You can also install Linux to NTFS using
TopologiLinux. Unfortunately this is not possible with Knoppix![]()

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
Vintage Edmark TouchWindow for Macintosh DeskTop Computer Touch Window Never Usd
$63.99
Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00
Apple Macintosh Classic Vintage Computer Model M0420 Year: 1990 Untested
$140.00
Vintage 1989 Apple Macintosh SE Desktop Computer Apple Model FDHD M5011 Untested
$180.00
185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Apple A1243 Aluminum Wired Keyboard Full Size Slim Mac Genuine OEM
$19.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh Keyboard M0115
$120.00