Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Boot failed

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3

    Boot failed

    I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, I get the same error message for both Lnx-BBC and Knoppix, and both of of my machines (XP and Win9:

    Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.

    Do you think maybe the floppy is corrupt? I did, however get this fixed on Lnx-BBC but using a different floppy. Doesn't work with Knoppix. The CD is fine, because when I put it in that little HTML page comes up. There was no boot-en.img when I had to make the floppy disk, so I just used boot.img

    I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I guess its something huh.

    Any help would be great, I'm pretty excited to get this working

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    You're using a boot floppy? Why not go into the bios, set it to boot from CD and use that?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3
    Heh, yeah that worked I'm on it now posting! I have only figured out how to do in on my Win98 machine so far, not my XP machine.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 08:50 PM
  2. Boot failed. Need help.
    By fifaplayer in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 05:57 AM
  3. failed boot cloop error-3
    By BlkBear in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 09:44 PM
  4. failed boot
    By ibm...imsorry in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 03:12 AM
  5. boot from floppy failed with Custom Kernel
    By hugo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working

$22.99



Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used. picture

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.

$199.99



Vintage Apple Computer Macintosh Rainbow Logo Decal Stickers – 4 Sheets of 4 picture

Vintage Apple Computer Macintosh Rainbow Logo Decal Stickers – 4 Sheets of 4

$99.99



Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Lime Green iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Lime Green iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working

$59.99



Apple Computer cards  Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++  Vintage 1980's picture

Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's

$169.00



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals picture

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals

$50.00



Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple picture

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple

$60.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2 picture

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2

$109.99