-
knoppix 7.4.2 persistence
hi,
I have downloaded knoppix 7.4.2 and installed it on usb flash drive using the read only option. At that time I did not want persistence.
Now I need persistence. On earlier versions, knoppix would ask where to create knoppix-data.img if it did not find one in any of the root partitions.
This is not done in this version.
I tried to manually create an img file myself (using dd) and saved it in the root of my harddisk. However this is ignored at boot.
Am I missing something please? A boot flag maybe? Or has the name of the persistent image file changed? Or does it need it to be in a directory called KNOPPIX even when not on the pendrive?
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$101.99

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI II Intel LGA1700 ATX DDR5 M.2 WiFi
$125.00