Are there error messages using the cheatcode "knoppix testcd noimage" (omit "lang=es")?
I'm using v7.4.2 in a pendrive made with flash-knoppix. After typing knoppix lang=es and entering the password only a black screen is shown. Same behaviour with keyboard=es.
Is there some workaround for this?
Thanks,
Eduardo
Are there error messages using the cheatcode "knoppix testcd noimage" (omit "lang=es")?
After telling
Knoppix 7.4 found at: /dev/sdb1
Checking Knoppix/Knoppix...
a few minutes later the OS shows a black screen and gives no other sign of being alive. It no even asks for a password.
It looks like a hardware error. Did you test RAM with the cheatcode "memtest" (not "knoppix memtest") for some hours?
Will use another netbook, same model, and then I'll tell you. But cheatcodes worked fine with v7.2...
Now I used both netbooks, but kept watching the screen:
Knoppix 7.4 found at: /dev/sdb1
Checking Knoppix/Knoppix...
ALL FILES OK
...
The graphical environment...
And then the black screen.
Can you switch to a console using [Ctrl Alt F2] and see anything? If so, typeand try some of the other cheatcodes to find a solution for your graphic chip. "memtest" had no errors?Code:su reboot
The OS does not respond to Ctrl Alt F2.
Will run memtest tonight.
Thanks, Werner.
After a time far from Knoppix because of a Synaptic problem, I’m using it again as my main OS.
When I enter cheat codes "knoppix keyboard=es xkeyboard=es" Spanish keyboatd works fine, but with
LABEL knoppix
KERNEL linux
APPEND lang=en keyboard=es xkeyboard=es apm=power-off initrd=minirt.gz nomce libata.force=noncq hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1
in /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg
it doesn’t.
Is this the file I have to edit?
Thanks.
Which Knoppix version? Which installation - "Flash disk install" or "HD install"?
Have also a look at the end of Cheat Codes → Micro-Remastering.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00
Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00
M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$950.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00