Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Speedtouch USB help needed (newbie Q)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3

    Speedtouch USB help needed (newbie Q)

    Hi,

    I'm completely new to Linux and have been struggling to get my Alcatel Speedtouch USB Modem to work. Can someone give me a complete guide to installing it?

    I tried following this link but couldn't overwrite the modules.conf file (I don't know how to log in with admin rights).

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118

    Like I say, I know nothing about linux, so please treat me like an idiot!

    Thanks very much for any help you can offer - if I can get this working, this might solve my laptop problem!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    admin rights you get by using 'root' terminal window or using other session (by pressing CTRL+ALT+F2).
    It could be you first have to set a root password. Do this by opening a root window (K=>Knoppix=>Root..) and type 'passwd' to which you have to give a password.

    Greetzzzz,

    I think I have a complete discription somewhere on how to enable it in windows. I'll send it later. Give it already a try with the root stuff hereabove.

Similar Threads

  1. Help Needed: Newbie : AC 97 Sound Card (Dell Dimension 8300)
    By ganesh_narayanan_cm in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:17 PM
  2. NIC newbie- onboard adapter help needed
    By nishtya in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:11 AM
  3. Complete newbie question i alcatel speedtouch usb.
    By wisbeech in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:32 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 08:49 PM
  5. Newbie basic advice needed
    By ellen in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 12:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2005 HHKB Pro 1 PD-KB300NL PFU Keyboard US Topre RARE Vintage picture

2005 HHKB Pro 1 PD-KB300NL PFU Keyboard US Topre RARE Vintage

$435.00



Retro Vintage PCI Video Card Creative Labs CT6670 3Dfx Voodoo2 8MB Tested Works picture

Retro Vintage PCI Video Card Creative Labs CT6670 3Dfx Voodoo2 8MB Tested Works

$180.00



Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC picture

Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC

$90.00



Vintage Intel iPDS-100  Personal Development System picture

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System

$1499.99



VLSI Vintage ISA Interface Expansion Card 120-0036-001 VDC400 Rev 1.1 picture

VLSI Vintage ISA Interface Expansion Card 120-0036-001 VDC400 Rev 1.1

$60.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage

Vintage "PANIC" Button Keycap Keyboard Novelty key New in Package Nutz Novelties

$5.00



Rare Vintage 63 Key ASCII Mechanical Computer Keyboard Original Box Untested WoW picture

Rare Vintage 63 Key ASCII Mechanical Computer Keyboard Original Box Untested WoW

$149.00



7 Vintage Microsoft Software CDs Lot Windows XP Home 2000 95 Works PC  picture

7 Vintage Microsoft Software CDs Lot Windows XP Home 2000 95 Works PC

$35.98



Vintage Super Rare Exxon Office Supplies Keyboard Mechanical Untested* 1980-85 picture

Vintage Super Rare Exxon Office Supplies Keyboard Mechanical Untested* 1980-85

$499.99