Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Speedtouch USB help needed (newbie Q)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3

    Speedtouch USB help needed (newbie Q)

    Hi,

    I'm completely new to Linux and have been struggling to get my Alcatel Speedtouch USB Modem to work. Can someone give me a complete guide to installing it?

    I tried following this link but couldn't overwrite the modules.conf file (I don't know how to log in with admin rights).

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118

    Like I say, I know nothing about linux, so please treat me like an idiot!

    Thanks very much for any help you can offer - if I can get this working, this might solve my laptop problem!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    admin rights you get by using 'root' terminal window or using other session (by pressing CTRL+ALT+F2).
    It could be you first have to set a root password. Do this by opening a root window (K=>Knoppix=>Root..) and type 'passwd' to which you have to give a password.

    Greetzzzz,

    I think I have a complete discription somewhere on how to enable it in windows. I'll send it later. Give it already a try with the root stuff hereabove.

Similar Threads

  1. Help Needed: Newbie : AC 97 Sound Card (Dell Dimension 8300)
    By ganesh_narayanan_cm in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:17 PM
  2. NIC newbie- onboard adapter help needed
    By nishtya in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:11 AM
  3. Complete newbie question i alcatel speedtouch usb.
    By wisbeech in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:32 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 08:49 PM
  5. Newbie basic advice needed
    By ellen in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 12:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



VMware SD-WAN Edge 640N VeloCloud Dell E42W EnterpriseFirewall 32GB picture

VMware SD-WAN Edge 640N VeloCloud Dell E42W EnterpriseFirewall 32GB

$127.50



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$199.99



Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install picture

Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install

$174.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware picture

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware

$89.99