Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Speedtouch USB help needed (newbie Q)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3

    Speedtouch USB help needed (newbie Q)

    Hi,

    I'm completely new to Linux and have been struggling to get my Alcatel Speedtouch USB Modem to work. Can someone give me a complete guide to installing it?

    I tried following this link but couldn't overwrite the modules.conf file (I don't know how to log in with admin rights).

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118

    Like I say, I know nothing about linux, so please treat me like an idiot!

    Thanks very much for any help you can offer - if I can get this working, this might solve my laptop problem!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    admin rights you get by using 'root' terminal window or using other session (by pressing CTRL+ALT+F2).
    It could be you first have to set a root password. Do this by opening a root window (K=>Knoppix=>Root..) and type 'passwd' to which you have to give a password.

    Greetzzzz,

    I think I have a complete discription somewhere on how to enable it in windows. I'll send it later. Give it already a try with the root stuff hereabove.

Similar Threads

  1. Help Needed: Newbie : AC 97 Sound Card (Dell Dimension 8300)
    By ganesh_narayanan_cm in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:17 PM
  2. NIC newbie- onboard adapter help needed
    By nishtya in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:11 AM
  3. Complete newbie question i alcatel speedtouch usb.
    By wisbeech in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:32 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 08:49 PM
  5. Newbie basic advice needed
    By ellen in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 12:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$49.99



Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse picture

Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse

$995.00



Apple Macintosh 128k 1984 upgraded to Plus includes keyboard mouse picture

Apple Macintosh 128k 1984 upgraded to Plus includes keyboard mouse

$450.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Vintage Apple IIe Platinum A2S2128 128K Computer Not Working For Parts As Is picture

Vintage Apple IIe Platinum A2S2128 128K Computer Not Working For Parts As Is

$149.99



Vintage Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ Powers On picture

Vintage Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ Powers On

$250.00



Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 (Powers On) picture

Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 (Powers On)

$250.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k picture

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k

$300.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare

$1800.00