-
Speedtouch USB help needed (newbie Q)
Hi,
I'm completely new to Linux and have been struggling to get my Alcatel Speedtouch USB Modem to work. Can someone give me a complete guide to installing it?
I tried following this link but couldn't overwrite the modules.conf file (I don't know how to log in with admin rights).
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118
Like I say, I know nothing about linux, so please treat me like an idiot!
Thanks very much for any help you can offer - if I can get this working, this might solve my laptop problem!!!
-
Senior Member
registered user
admin rights you get by using 'root' terminal window or using other session (by pressing CTRL+ALT+F2).
It could be you first have to set a root password. Do this by opening a root window (K=>Knoppix=>Root..) and type 'passwd' to which you have to give a password.
Greetzzzz,
I think I have a complete discription somewhere on how to enable it in windows. I'll send it later. Give it already a try with the root stuff hereabove.
Similar Threads
-
By ganesh_narayanan_cm in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:17 PM
-
By nishtya in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:11 AM
-
By wisbeech in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:32 PM
-
By caid in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 08:49 PM
-
By ellen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 12:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$149.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 8B SFF CTO Barebone H330 QP 1GbE NDC 2x 750W PSU No CPU/Mem
$395.00