Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Speedtouch USB help needed (newbie Q)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3

    Speedtouch USB help needed (newbie Q)

    Hi,

    I'm completely new to Linux and have been struggling to get my Alcatel Speedtouch USB Modem to work. Can someone give me a complete guide to installing it?

    I tried following this link but couldn't overwrite the modules.conf file (I don't know how to log in with admin rights).

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118

    Like I say, I know nothing about linux, so please treat me like an idiot!

    Thanks very much for any help you can offer - if I can get this working, this might solve my laptop problem!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    admin rights you get by using 'root' terminal window or using other session (by pressing CTRL+ALT+F2).
    It could be you first have to set a root password. Do this by opening a root window (K=>Knoppix=>Root..) and type 'passwd' to which you have to give a password.

    Greetzzzz,

    I think I have a complete discription somewhere on how to enable it in windows. I'll send it later. Give it already a try with the root stuff hereabove.

Similar Threads

  1. Help Needed: Newbie : AC 97 Sound Card (Dell Dimension 8300)
    By ganesh_narayanan_cm in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:17 PM
  2. NIC newbie- onboard adapter help needed
    By nishtya in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:11 AM
  3. Complete newbie question i alcatel speedtouch usb.
    By wisbeech in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:32 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 08:49 PM
  5. Newbie basic advice needed
    By ellen in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 12:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF picture

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF

$57.99



SK hynix (4X 16GB) PC4-25600 (DDR4-2400) Memory (HMA82GR7AFR8N-XN) Tested picture

SK hynix (4X 16GB) PC4-25600 (DDR4-2400) Memory (HMA82GR7AFR8N-XN) Tested

$400.00



Lot Of 180 Hynix 64gb PC4-2933Y 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server HMAA8GR7AJR4N-WM picture

Lot Of 180 Hynix 64gb PC4-2933Y 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server HMAA8GR7AJR4N-WM

$95000.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB

$34.99