Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Question about mount Disk in Knoppix

  1. #1

    Question about mount Disk in Knoppix

    Hello everyone!


    I have a WD MyBook World Edition 1TB NAS that has failed. I have removed the HD from the NAS, connected it up to my Windows Vista (YUK!) Laptop using a SATA / USB Adapter. The drive is recognised however when I type in 'fdisk -l' it lists the following:


    WARNING: GPT (GUID Partition Table) detected on '/dev/sdb' ! The util fdisk doesn't support GPT. Use GNU Parted.
    ...and subsequently.......
    Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/sdb1 1 121602 976762583+ ee GPT


    When I try mounting the drive using the command 'mount -t xfs -o nouuid /dev/sbd1 /mnt/wd' I get the following error:


    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. In some cases useful info is found in syslog.


    I got the 'mount -t xfs -o nouuid /dev/sbd1 /mnt/wd' command from another forum as I am woefully out of my depth here. I used to know my way around SCO Unix donkeys years ago, but haven't touched it in 18 years at least.


    Any thoughts on how I can try to get this drive mounted in Knoppix? I'm running the latest Live Cd version - downloaded a couple of days ago.


    If there is anyone out there who can help save my bacon and assist in getting me connected to my long lost data I would be eternally grateful.


    Thank's a lot!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Hi,

    you could try the command blkid to find out the type of the filesystem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



GRAPHIC SHOP - Atari 400/800 XL/XE - Antic picture

GRAPHIC SHOP - Atari 400/800 XL/XE - Antic

$36.00



GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box picture

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box

$48.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95