Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Question about mount Disk in Knoppix

  1. #1

    Question about mount Disk in Knoppix

    Hello everyone!


    I have a WD MyBook World Edition 1TB NAS that has failed. I have removed the HD from the NAS, connected it up to my Windows Vista (YUK!) Laptop using a SATA / USB Adapter. The drive is recognised however when I type in 'fdisk -l' it lists the following:


    WARNING: GPT (GUID Partition Table) detected on '/dev/sdb' ! The util fdisk doesn't support GPT. Use GNU Parted.
    ...and subsequently.......
    Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/sdb1 1 121602 976762583+ ee GPT


    When I try mounting the drive using the command 'mount -t xfs -o nouuid /dev/sbd1 /mnt/wd' I get the following error:


    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. In some cases useful info is found in syslog.


    I got the 'mount -t xfs -o nouuid /dev/sbd1 /mnt/wd' command from another forum as I am woefully out of my depth here. I used to know my way around SCO Unix donkeys years ago, but haven't touched it in 18 years at least.


    Any thoughts on how I can try to get this drive mounted in Knoppix? I'm running the latest Live Cd version - downloaded a couple of days ago.


    If there is anyone out there who can help save my bacon and assist in getting me connected to my long lost data I would be eternally grateful.


    Thank's a lot!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Hi,

    you could try the command blkid to find out the type of the filesystem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$739.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50