Hi.
I have an Asus X552M laptop.
Video card: 2, Intel(R) HD Graphics and Nvidia GeForce 820M.
RAM: 4 GB.
HDD: 500 GB (GPT)
OS is Windows 8.1 x64 (UEFI) on a 100 GB NTFS partition.
I want to install the Knoppix 7.4.2 DVD on the internal HDD.
I know how to repartition to add a Reiser-FS and a swap partition.
2 questions:
1. Is there any way to install keeping GPT/EFI and having dual-boot Windows 8.1?
2. Is there any way to install a good video driver so I can have video acceleration?
Thank you.
Best regards,
Cosmin

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00