-
Forgot passphrase of persistent knoppix-data.aes but know possible passwords!
Hello good people
I used to use a usb bootable Knoppix 7.0 with an encrypted knoppix-data.aes for online banking, bitcoin wallet and private docs and passwords, I tried logging in again after over a year but its not the passphrase I thought it was.
I urgently need to verify the password as there is a time limit to do with the issue another issue at hand (I can explain whats going on in a subsequent reply, but I wont lengthen my first post here).
The passphrase is a combination of shorter passwords I have used in the past and I know 100% the first password. I have successfully generated a dictionary text file with 600 combinations of the passphrase but I don't know how to proceed in trying them out automated, hashcat?
If I was to use hashcat I would need the password hash? I've searched but I don't have any idea how to obtain the hash from knoppix-data.aes
I feel pretty silly I thought I knew the password and now time is ticking, I'd really appreciate any advice, thanks.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA
$799.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY.
$49.99