-
Junior Member
registered user
Prob in hdinstall in Knoppix-3.2 06-06-03
I posted that I was not able to connect to the internet over a dialup line to my ISP with a hd install of Knoppix-3.2 060603 a few days ago. Since, I have continued to troubleshoot this prob, but a few minutes ago a respondent (in another forum) recommended I try running from the Live CD.
I write this to you from the same ver. running off the CD. It connects fine. When installed to the hard disk, though, it's broken, as my previous posts describe.
I notice that /etc/resolv.conflict is now correctly filled in with the dynamic DNS my ISP provides; this is emphatically NOT SO in the hdinstall, where the orig /etc/resolv.conflict was empty, and no corrections in it would bring KPPP, wvdial or pon to connect.
Any hints on how I might fix the hd installed version? Copy which files to the hdinstall?
I quite like Knoppix and running from the hard disk is SO MUCH faster.
Similar Threads
-
By Linux-_usr in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 12:21 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 12:33 PM
-
By fludey in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 01:04 PM
-
By bigmoose in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 01:26 AM
-
By volcomman2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-10-2003, 05:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 1750 512K RAM Expansion REU for C128 / C64 – Tested & Working
$110.00

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 disk drive - enhancer 2000 & 30 disks
$110.00

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99