-
Senior Member
registered user
Novell client installation
I installed the Novell client that I got via Novell's webpage from the SourceForge site, and entered all the default options. It downloaded a lot of stuff, and seemed to install properly. Now I have a novell client icon on the k menu, but when I click it, I just get a big N on the cursor for a few seconds, then it disapears, I was sort of expecting a login prompt - what am I doing wrong?
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
What happens when you run the client from within a terminal window? This may help you by providing any error messages as clues...
Also, have you tried running it as root? Could it be a rights / permissions issue?
Good to see people asking questions about Novell again...
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't think it's a permissions issue - I get the same thing running it as root, I can't seem to get it to run at all in a terminal though.
One other thing, when I log out to log in as another user, my laptop always shuts down and powers off, rather than letting me log in again - I'm sure this is a power management issue - any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By kp400 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-23-2004, 06:40 PM
-
By Mistshadow in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 03:57 PM
-
By KnightFire in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 02:25 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 02:56 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00