-
Senior Member
registered user
I think Knoppix could be modified to use overlayFS too
Update: I have done quite a few remasterings lately, and the filesystem copy takes about 3-5 minutes for ca 16GB on my SSDs. So it is in no way a showstopper, but the main reason I think I will keep it even if I switch from aufs to overlayFS, is (perceived) robustness. When the persistent store is damaged, some files get lost during the copy process, but this may be fixed by reinstalling the packages the lost files belong to, or restoring them from backup. It may well happen the overlayFS merging procedure is as robust (or even better) in this respect, but that remains to be seen. I have also become very convinced that using FAT32 for system administration is a very bad idea whenever it is possible to avoid it. But for daily use, it is the opposite for me: I keep the volumes at
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor
$360.00

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED
$300.00

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00