Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: krandrtray as part of boot up

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    West Suburb Chicago
    Posts
    33

    krandrtray as part of boot up

    Just curious how I can get krandrtray to come up when I boot up. This allows multiple screens. In my case it my tv which has a VGA port.

    I need it so I can automatically connect my tv to the laptop without manually entering krandrtray to configure it every time I reboot.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Hi, there:

    It should be quite feasible to clone the output of LVDS to VGA port automatically during the start-up of X windows. An example script can be found under the section of "Now automate it on login" on the following web page: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Xorg_RandR_1.2 .

    I haven't tried out the script myself as I have already purged 99.99% of the KDE stuff out my knoppix box. But I have a good feeling about it so long as the external monitor is powered on and connected to the laptop before the X11 starts. By the way, a bit of trial-and-error is more likely inevitable if spanning the desktop across multiple monitors is on the to-do list.

    ATB,

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    West Suburb Chicago
    Posts
    33
    Thank you so much for the link!!

    All you guys on the forum are awesome. Love knoppix!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold picture

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold

$121.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3 picture

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3

$200.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



SK hynix 16GB DDR4 2666MHz PC4-2666V SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM Module picture

SK hynix 16GB DDR4 2666MHz PC4-2666V SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM Module

$69.99



64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.  picture

64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.

$260.00



64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.  picture

64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.

$280.00