Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Subject V6.7.0 - Bluetooth sound?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2

    Subject V6.7.0 - Bluetooth sound?

    Does anyone here know if Bluetooth speakers are supported on the Knoppix V6.7.0CD? I was able to find the setup wizard through the menu preferences -> Bluetooth -> set up new device. From there I was able to pair-up the speaker with my computer. The device shows up on the menu as "vivitar speaker". Using the Bluetooth GUI I can connect and discontinued the speaker from the computer, as I do the speaker creates the appropriate tone and flashing light to indicate when it is connected and dis-connected from the computer.

    My problem is that the ALSA system does not seam to recognize the Bluetooth speaker. I tried to use the curses program alsamixer to set the volume of the speaker, but when I used f6 to select sound card, there was no entry for the new speaker, just an entry for the built-in sound card. I also tried "aplay -l and the Bluetooth speaker was not on the list.

    PS. I have Knoppix 7, but my backup computer is not powerful enough to run 7, even when the 3D effects are turned off. Knoppix V7 will boot, but it runs hair-pulling-ly slow.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Hi.
    My problem is that the ALSA system does not seam to recognize the Bluetooth speaker.
    I think you will need a kernel module snd-bt-sco, but I never tried this myself.
    I would suggest that you do a internet search for 'ALSA' and 'snd-bt-sco'.
    If you have to compile a new kernel module you will most probably need the appropriate include files for you kernel because it seems the Knoppix 6.7 CD does not include them. If kernel version 3.0.4 is the right one you could download the package from http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian....-source-3.0.4/ and install it with dpkg.

    I hope that helps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$236.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US picture

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US

$349.00