Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Kernel image not found - Issues

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2

    Kernel image not found - Issues

    I am completely new to Knoppix and Linux. When attempting to run Knoppix from the CD on a Dell Insiron 8100 notebook with Windows 2000 NTFS structure and a partition with a FAT structure I am having issues. It will load the first main screen with the logos , and put me at the root prompt. It does not matter what I type at the prompt I receive a the message "Kernel image not found." Does anyone have any idea what my next should be? Thank you.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    you're not supposed to type anything, just press enter

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Kernel image not found - Issues

    --Yep, that doesn't sound like the ROOT prompt; that's the BOOT prompt. Hit F2 for more options.

    --People, please READ WHAT'S ON THE SCREEN first before posting

    ...the grass is getting greener all the time...

    Quote Originally Posted by kulwen
    I am completely new to Knoppix and Linux. When attempting to run Knoppix from the CD on a Dell Insiron 8100 notebook with Windows 2000 NTFS structure and a partition with a FAT structure I am having issues. It will load the first main screen with the logos , and put me at the root prompt. It does not matter what I type at the prompt I receive a the message "Kernel image not found." Does anyone have any idea what my next should be? Thank you.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2
    Eadz
    Thank you for the help.

    Dave_Bechtel
    I apologize; it appears I have tweaked you a little. As I stated in the post I am also new to Linux. I was unaware that the screen I was receiving was what I was supposed to see. I did hit F2 for more options, but can not read the language the options were in to make sense of what to do next. Thank you

Similar Threads

  1. Remastering 3.4 - ISOLINUX booting problem, image not found
    By mustang in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:18 AM
  2. kernel 2.6 no init found on hd install
    By tortele in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 06:26 PM
  3. Kernel panic : no init found.!!!!!!
    By MrAhmad in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 08:23 PM
  4. Kernel panic: no init found
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-23-2003, 12:01 AM
  5. Modified kernel results in Kernel Panic - No init found.
    By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile picture

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile

$35.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



*Lot of 20* Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Modules picture

*Lot of 20* Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Modules

$89.99



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00