Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Setting up user and pass for Samba

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    22

    Setting up user and pass for Samba

    I know i have loat of questions.. But i am just tring to pave through this so that i can get a fast a good basic knowledge of Debian. I am progressing very well but every once and awhile i hit bumps like these. For example. How do i set the user and passowrd for Samba when it say all these errors whne i am using "sudo /etc/init.d/samba start" then typing "smbpasswd a-knoppix" then typing the password only to have it tell me that the old password is not correct.. I have tried my root password and also Have tried doing both in root and not in root. I have tried many different names. However. I dont have other users in my Knoppix as of right now. So if i have to add one i will nee dto know how to do that as well so that i can set up samba srever to share with windows.


    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    68
    To add user to samba:-

    smbpasswd -a userid

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    22
    Awesome!!!!


    I am using mt Red Hat Machine To get onformation about my KNoppix machine....I am starting to love knoppix thats for sure


    Thanks again

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    22
    Darnit!!

    Its still giving me the failed to find entry for user
    Ill figure it out though

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    22
    It says its a read only database. DO i have to go into the .conf then edit it than do a network restart?

Similar Threads

  1. Time has pass and still I can“t boot!
    By Axiomatico in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 11:39 AM
  2. Logo.16 colors pass to the text!!
    By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 07:02 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 01:35 PM
  4. editing /KNOPPIX/etc/samba/samba.conf as root ?!?!
    By smarchand291 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
  5. Knoppix & pass
    By IRide in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 08:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Motion Control AB Beehive Technologies ADB I/O Interface Apple Macintosh picture

Vintage Motion Control AB Beehive Technologies ADB I/O Interface Apple Macintosh

$239.99



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard picture

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard

$350.00



Wyse Terminal Wy-50 With Cherry Mx Keyboard  Vintage CRT  Monitor WORKS picture

Wyse Terminal Wy-50 With Cherry Mx Keyboard Vintage CRT Monitor WORKS

$299.00



Vintage 5.25

Vintage 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive Cleaning Kit Lot (1 Scotch 3M + 1 Verbatim) NOS⁠

$49.00



VINTAGE 16

VINTAGE 16" BLACK NYLON IBM THINKPAD NOTEBOOK LAPTOP MESSENGER CARRYING CASE BAG

$32.95



Vintage Witty Mouse 3 Button Mechanical Ball Mouse DB25 Serial PC Tested Working picture

Vintage Witty Mouse 3 Button Mechanical Ball Mouse DB25 Serial PC Tested Working

$35.00



Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ* picture

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*

$80.00



Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards picture

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards

$57.59