To add user to samba:-
smbpasswd -a userid
I know i have loat of questions.. But i am just tring to pave through this so that i can get a fast a good basic knowledge of Debian. I am progressing very well but every once and awhile i hit bumps like these. For example. How do i set the user and passowrd for Samba when it say all these errors whne i am using "sudo /etc/init.d/samba start" then typing "smbpasswd a-knoppix" then typing the password only to have it tell me that the old password is not correct.. I have tried my root password and also Have tried doing both in root and not in root. I have tried many different names. However. I dont have other users in my Knoppix as of right now. So if i have to add one i will nee dto know how to do that as well so that i can set up samba srever to share with windows.
Thanks,
To add user to samba:-
smbpasswd -a userid
Awesome!!!!
I am using mt Red Hat Machine To get onformation about my KNoppix machine....I am starting to love knoppix thats for sure
Thanks again
Darnit!!
Its still giving me the failed to find entry for user
Ill figure it out though
It says its a read only database. DO i have to go into the .conf then edit it than do a network restart?

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95