-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: HowTo get the 64 bits compile & Run Time environment for Knoppix 7.6.0 ?
Some time ago you provided a HowTo get the 64 bits compile & run time environment for Knoppix 7.0.2
Hi Gilles!
Under Knoppix 7.6.0 I did the following to run 'Three Million Digits PI Calculation'.
I booted Knoppix 7.6.0 with 64 bit kernel in VirtualBox 5.0.10 on a MS Windows 8.1 host. I used a virtual machine with 2 cores and 3072 MB of RAM.
In an LXTerminal I did some preparing steps.
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install time
sudo apt-get -t testing install libc6-dev-amd64
mkdir /home/knoppix/src
cd /home/knoppix/src
wget http://h2np.net/pi/pi_quick_start.tar.gz
tar xf pi_quick_start.tar.gz
cd pi_quick_start
export CFLAGS=-m64
I loaded start.sh into a text editor and replaced all occurences of 'cc ' with 'gcc -m64 '. I saved the file and closed the text editor.
I issued and answered all questions with 'y'. I got the following result.
Start and wait for a while...done
Command being timed: "./pi 3000000"
User time (seconds): 2.06
System time (seconds): 0.09
Percent of CPU this job got: 99%
Elapsed (wall clock) time (h:mm:ss or m:ss): 0:02.16
Type any key for finish
The command 'file pi' gave
pi: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), statically linked, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, BuildID[sha1]=88fc7ab989da115e5771ec97aefe8d964726a127, not stripped
Btw. I am _not_ the inventor of Knoppix.
Best Regards.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98