-
-
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
Werner P. Schulz
ready for download? If so, where, exactly?
Have looked at several of the mirror download sites, including Kaiserlauten, TU Wien, Mirror.PW, and haven't seen anything later than v. 7.4.2. And several mirrors seem no longer to be accessible.
UNIX-AG Bitorrent Tracker shows nothing later than v. 7.4.2 being shared.
-
I suppose, KK will offer CD and DVD for download at the same day as ever in the past.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Klaus: 7.6 CD is planned
Just FYI, I quote the complete post Werner linked to here. From the debian-knoppix mailing list 13.10, Klaus K answers:
Hello Marcin,
On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 11:50:54AM +0200, Marcin Lach wrote:
> If there is a chance for CD version, I would suggest to create really
> light imege (kernel, xorg, lxde).
The DVD Image is ready (declared bug-free until I find one), I'm aiming
for the lightweight CD image now, which should contain at least:
- Kernel (possibly both the 32 and the 64bit version)
- UEFI Secure Boot support (like the 7.6 DVD)
- Rescue tools (testdisk, ddrescue et al.)
- Firefox
- LibreOffice
- compiz
- ADRIANE and supporting tools
I'm not yet sure if the formerly present features like the
knoppix-terminalserver, apache, tor and others will still fit, but I'll
try...
Regards
- so DVD and CD are planned, DVD image is under testing now.
It will be interesting to see how much (if any) of the recent changes in Debian's init process have been ported to Knoppix 7.6.
These changes contributed to the problems with making a "Knoppix-like" remastered live version with persistent store. (I gave up after several attempts.)
Knoppix 7.6 could become a new virtual machine favorite.
Last edited by Capricorny; 10-17-2015 at 11:46 AM.
-
In the meantime Prof. Knopper has offered KNOPPIX_V7.6.0DVD-2015-11-21-DE
on http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/ind...filter=Knoppix
Now we have to wait for the CD version and for both EN versions. There is not yet something on the mirrors.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm downloading the english version from uni-kl now: http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix-dvd/
-
Senior Member
registered user
I found the Netherlands site, ftp.knoppix.nl, to give a faster download of the dvd iso;
possibly because mirrors are still using the university site. Still no cd iso, but the EN dvd
LiveUSB looks very nice and passes testdvd.
Online in 30 sec, shut-down in 10 sec with Win7 laptop and legacy boot.
Times a little faster with Win8 laptop and uefi boot. Not using secure boot.
-
-
I am at 72% download of the english version from uni-kl : http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix-dvd/
My newly installed (reconditioned) 750 GB HD is not running an OS yet.
I am wondering if it is going into the Persistent file system on my 8 GB Flash Drive or into my 3631 MB RAM (361 MB used) .
If it's going to RAM... uh oh...
Hopeful,
MaCon
-
I received a text box that says it is going to the Persistent File System but is out of space.
!
I have properties showing 3.3 GB ( out of 4.4 GB needed )
Any hope of redirecting that existing 3.3 to a larger Flash Drive and continuing on?
Thank You,
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung NP700Z5C 15.6" Laptop Intel Core i7-3635QM 8GB Ram NO HD/OS (FL)
$24.99

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00