-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Jeffery Mewtamer
The laptop is an Acer Aspire of I forget the model number whose pre-installed Win8 was nuked to make room for a hard-drive install of Knoppix 7.4.2. It lacks a built-in optical drive, but I was able to talk a less technically inclined person through configuring it so I could boot from an external optical drive.
Hello, Jeffery. I presume the external optical drive is connected to a usb port.
Also, I note ACER Aspires often have as many as three usb ports.
From this I wonder if you might consider using a LiveUSB Knoppix rather than a hard-drive install.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Used PC Corsair Vengeance Intel i7-4770 3.40GHz 16GB DDR3 Gtx 1050 Ti Msi
$135.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99

Intel Core i5-12400 CPU 2.50GHz 6-Core 12-thread SRL5Y LGA 1700
$121.99