Open the File Manager (PCManFM) and go to: Knoppix-boot-syslinux and then edit syslinux.cfg (click and write). Add the line lang=uk in all the lines and save it. Reboot
I am new to Linux and have spent a few weeks trying out the various distro's. I keep coming back to Knoppix as it
really seems the best.
I have one problem though, every time I boot I have to type in "knoppix lang=uk" to get the Uk keyboard. Surely there is a way to incorporate this
into the boot sequence somehow ?
If someone can solve this one I would be very grateful indeed.
Regards to all
Felinus
Open the File Manager (PCManFM) and go to: Knoppix-boot-syslinux and then edit syslinux.cfg (click and write). Add the line lang=uk in all the lines and save it. Reboot
Many thanks joselb, I will try it at the weekend.
Thanks
Tried that in various ways, but still no luck.
This is my original syslinux.cfg file;
DEFAULT loadconfig
LABEL loadconfig
CONFIG /boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
APPEND /boot/isolinux
Oops!
UK is for ...Ukraaine.
en_GB is what you want.
lang=en
should work
Thanks philo and joselb, I have tried it and still I get the US keyboard layout 1
This is the layout of my syslinux.cfg file as it was
DEFAULT loadconfig
LABEL loadconfig
CONFIG /boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
APPEND /boot/isolinux
I have tried adding lang=eng and indeed lang=uk into the start of every line also at the end and under each line but I still get the US layout.
I am using Knoppix 7.4 on a stick btw.
Have a look at → Micro-Remastering
This isn't the origin file!LABEL loadconfig
CONFIG /boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
APPEND /boot/isolinux
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 10-03-2015 at 05:04 PM.
@felinus The cheatcode, lang=uk, works for me. Maybe you have just edited the wrong file. The /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg file (mentioned in the link from Post #8 ) probably is the one you are after.
You are doing it in the wrong file! Anyway, you can always open a terminal and type: setxkbmap=uk and you are done.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99