-
Is it possible to copy 7.4.2 efi files to boot 7.2 to a MacBook?
Knoppix 7.4.2 will boot my flashdrive to the XOS but Knoppix 7.2 won't. And I worry the 7.4.2 bloat will make it an online target. (A major problem for me) I've tried just directly copying the 7.4.2 files and folders in various increments to 7.2, but still can't get the 7.2 flashdrive to boot the MacBook. Are there other files that need to be copied to 7.2 as well?
I'm so very grateful to have you folks helping here. Linux is very difficult for me. But Knoppix shows such promise that I'm compelled to try to learn it. Thank you for the help.
-
It's probably possible, though stripping the bloat out of 7.4.2 would probably be easier, though I still wouldn't recommend such drastic alterations to a beginner. On the upside, it was around the 13th of October that Klaus Knopper, the man in charge of Knoppix posted to the Knoppix mailing list that the DVD of 7.6 was complete and that he was working on the CD version, so hopefully it won't be too much longer before we have a release that has eufi support without the added bloat of the DVD.
-

Originally Posted by
Jeffery Mewtamer
It's probably possible, though stripping the bloat out of 7.4.2 would probably be easier, though I still wouldn't recommend such drastic alterations to a beginner. On the upside, it was around the 13th of October that Klaus Knopper, the man in charge of Knoppix posted to the Knoppix mailing list that the DVD of 7.6 was complete and that he was working on the CD version, so hopefully it won't be too much longer before we have a release that has eufi support without the added bloat of the DVD.
Thanks very much Jeffery. Knoppix is great, and I really appreciate your help. I'll make sure to donate this time.
david
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens
$249.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99