-
Read-write-access to NTFS Windows-partitions possible?
Is it possible to access Windows NTFS partitions (on hard disks) from booted Knoppix system?
if yes: Do I have to mount these partitions manually or are they accessible out-of-the-box immediately after boot?
Thomas
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
thoste
Is it possible to access Windows NTFS partitions (on hard disks) from booted Knoppix system? if yes: Do I have to mount these partitions manually or are they accessible out-of-the-box immediately after boot? Thomas
Greetings, Thomas.
It is possible to access Windows partitions from Knoppix 7, for example.
With my Knoppix 7.6 LiveUSB, I note a device listed as OS on the left pane of PCManFM,
click on that to load, then select a file to access.
I generally only READ from NTFS files from KNOPPIX.
In principle, WRITEs are also possible to NTFS from KNOPPIX, but I don't do this, myself.
More specifically, I keep my isos on my Windows partition, because I have lots of unused storage there on NTFS.
These gigabytes get written there using Windows when they're downloaded.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99