If Windows offers the print service, you have to configure it within Windows.
Knoppix is the client. You can look for printers within your LAN using Menu → Preferences → Print Settings and there → Network Printer → Find Network Printer
I have come back to Knoppix after some time. I like 7.6.0, but I can't connect to my wired network printer. The server is Windows 10. I know that I need to give the server a username and password. I know what these are, but I don't know where to make them visible. Other distros provide a GUI interface for that; please help.
If Windows offers the print service, you have to configure it within Windows.
Knoppix is the client. You can look for printers within your LAN using Menu → Preferences → Print Settings and there → Network Printer → Find Network Printer
Thanks for the quick reply. Windows is set up to share the printer, and it's easily found by my Linux (Knoppix) computer. My problem is that I don't know how to supply the ID and password to authorize the printing. Somewhere, I suspect, is a configuration file into which the password can be inserted.
Hi!
I would try Menu -> Preferences -> Print Settings and then click on the button 'Add' to add a new printer. In the dialog window I would select 'Windows Printer via SAMBA' and enter the 'SMB Printer'. There is also an option to provide the authentication details.
I hope that helps.

Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working
$599.00
Commodore Amiga 1020 5.25" External Floppy Drive Not Tested Parts Only
$199.99
Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5 Floppy Disk Drive - Not Tested No Returns
$79.99
Commodore Amiga 500 in box NTSC with mouse and power supply 512k
$340.00
Commodore Amiga 1000 Personal Computer With Original Monitor and Speakers
$1352.99
Amiga 500 AdRAM 540 1.5MB trapdoor memory
$45.00
Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$324.99
BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$279.00
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99