Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Run Schulz Remaster script.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    11

    Run Schulz Remaster script.

    Sorry I'm having problems guys. I'm not working from a virtual machine either. In my understanding I'm to begin installing knoppix 7.4.2 in HD mode to the 32G flashdrive, but only install the boot loader and the mbr before rebooting. Then install the Schulz Remaster script. Then continue with the hd install: insert the knoppix 7.4.2 dvd, and click '/usr/sbin/kn-remaster.sh to open the script for the GUI window.

    But the script won't open, neither in terminal or execute mode. And I don't understand how to control the install for only the bootloader and the mbr before rebooting, so I must have seriously confused the instructions. I'm sure grateful for your help. I did a remaser without the script, but it only copied the default iso, and the changes that I wanted were simply added in an overlay file. It worked the way I wanted it to ok, but woun't recopy correctly. (It reverts to the default 7.4.2 iso when dd copied).Remastering is a great concept though Werner, it's crucial to have backup flashdrive Operating Systems built specially for the purpose whenever it's needed. God bless Knoppix guys. Thanks.

    david

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Hello David!
    In my understanding I'm to begin installing knoppix 7.4.2 in HD mode to the 32G flashdrive, but only install the boot loader and the mbr before rebooting.
    You need a full HD install of Knoppix to your flashdrive and the install of GRUB bootloader to MBR.

    After reboot and start of the BIOS routine take care to select the flashdrive, not your internal HD. Now you can go on with
    → After restart install my script-package with "dpkg -i".

    Greetings Werner

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    11
    I'm unable to install grub to the mbr Werner.
    I installed knoppix 7.4.2 to a 32g flashdrive in HD mode according to instructions.
    But when I enter: #grub-install /dev/sda. (I get) "grub-probe error: cannot find a device for / (is /dev mounted)".
    #mount /dev/sda /mnt (says it's already mounted or /mnt busy).
    And it says exactly the same for #grub-install /dev/sda1 (and for) #mount /dev/sda1 /mnt).
    So it can't find the mbr.
    #blkid (calls) /dev/zram0 (and calls) /dev/cloop0. So I guess that means the mbr is a cloop file Werner, and has to be edited while decompressed? Or does the Schulz Remaster script provide that function by doing it a differnt way?
    Sorry I'm unable to see the answer here Werner.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    If you use
    http://knoppix.net/wiki/Category:Har...ion#HD_install
    step by step, you'll be asked before the end of the HD installation where to install GRUB. You have only to do the right decision! You don't need to install GRUB manually.

    When you reboot your new HD install (done by the Knoppix script) you can start whith remaster using my script.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER  picture

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER

$39.99



Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu... picture

Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...

$149.15



Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard picture

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard

$17.99



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99