-

Originally Posted by
superman
Hi, folks: If the process of interest is analogous to that of poor man's installation rather than that of apt-get upgrade, I haven't tried out using the latest release myself but imagine the files closely related to each version of KNOPPIX and thus needing to be replaced are KNOPPIX (the compressed file rather than the folder), minirt.gz, linux (renamed vmlinuz-$(uname -r)) and linux64 (renamed vmlinuz-$(uname -r)-64). This kind of operation probably can be done safely only when the KNOPPIX (taken as a whole) which is meant be overwritten is offline. Besides, the overlay file/partition used for KNOPPIX 7.4.X may need to be rebuilt afterwards.
Hi, Great. Superman reads Nabokov. My original statement said I have an error updating a 32gb usb stick. 1 There is nothing wrong with the stick. (it has 2.6gb free) 2 When I built it I selcted 'P' and used 'all space left' for overlay. 3 The 32GB stick is used as the 'driver' for 2TB library. Works great. This error of 'not enough room' is referring to the base partition. The only reason to update is to play with 3D and see if 7.6 CAN update. We read that 7.6 can update without trashing the hard fought overlay. Now I thought maybe someone would say keep back space so 7.6 can work. Fine; I'd build another and keep space of (overlay) a bit smaller. or, maybe; 'Delete something specific from the base partition, for 7.6 ----- But no. I receive convoluted literature effete and out of the idiom Thank you for this time. Please try again. 7.6 either can or can not. ttopp
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99

SAMSUNG 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$250.00

Lot of 11 - 16GB 2Rx8 DDR-4 2666V MHz ECC Reg Samsung M393A2K43DB2-CTD6Y Tested
$899.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2 sticks MTA18ASF2G72PZ-2G6D1 MICRON 16GB 1RX4 PC4-2666V RDIMM MEMORY
$150.00

Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1TI ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$180.00

SK HYNIX HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH 64GB PC4-2400T RDIMM Server RAM
$289.95