Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 7.6 Exit Old Laptops?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    110

    Knoppix 7.6 Exit Old Laptops?

    Hi altogether

    I cannot boot even knoppix_7.6_ISO with my very OLD Laptop (2005 !!!!).


    Nothing obtained even for entering Cheat codes.


    1Go_Ram perhaps unsufficient? Or other device?


    I have not yet burned it on DVD...but I guess "the same problems" may appear.


    Thanks for one idea


    knp

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Thanks for one idea
    Don't withhold the error messages!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    110

    Re: knoppix 7.6 Exit old Laptops?

    Thanks W.P. SCHULZ

    1- My post contained one Mistake "on the form".

    One had to read: "AFTER entering Cheatcodes".

    2- I booted with "7.2_Boot_only_DVD" by confusing it with "7.6_Boot_Only_DVD" (not
    existing yet).

    Perhaps this was my fundamental Error! -because of the Kernels... ?)
    So I got nothing... as it was previsible.

    3- I have burnt 7.6 on DVD.
    I am not so satisfied as for 7.2 because my usb_drive (3 partitions) could be
    mounted ONCE only! I shall give my issue as soon as possible after a second
    burning with another software.

    Accessorily K3b often causes me troubles with "-RW_DVD's"... since Version 5.* !

    Thanks you again

    knp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive

$349.99



Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5

Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD

$70.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$58.00



WD Re 3TB Enterprise 3.5

WD Re 3TB Enterprise 3.5" HDD SATA 6Gb/s 7200RPM 64MB Cache

$70.00



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99