Hello Mikael!
Have a look at http://knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix760-en.html
→Update: Computers without DVD drive
Hi, I have a laptop running kubuntu without any windows installed. I have downloaded the KNOPPIX ISO image The laptop I am using has no DVD unit. I need to know how to make a bootable USB-stick. Preferable it should work on both 32-bit (Pentium-4) and 64-bit (AMD or Intel CPU). I have a couple of computers but no working windows version. They was dying years ago and reinstall them with GNU/Linux Live USB. Previous Live iso images I just did "dd if= of=/dev/sdb bs=4M" and was able to restart the computer booting the live usb stick. I have tried above method and unetbootin without any luck. How do I continue?
Hello Mikael!
Have a look at http://knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix760-en.html
→Update: Computers without DVD drive
Hi!
I think the question is how to create a bootable USB stick with Knoppix 7.6.0 on it without having to boot Knoppix itself.
I suggest you try the following.
If you already have got a bootable USB stick with syslinux 6.0.3 you could mount the Knoppix ISO and copy the KNOPPIX directory with subdirectories to the root directory of the USB stick. Then copy the boot directory with subdirectories to the USB stick, too. Rename the directory boot/isolinux to boot/syslinux and the configuration file boot/syslinux/isolinux.cfg to boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg
Try to boot from your USB stick. If it does not boot try to configure syslinux so that it uses boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg
http://www.wgdd.de/2013/08/create-kn...tick-from.html I have found a solution and it worked from lubuntu. $ isohybrid -o 1 -h 64 -s 32 -e 1 KNOPPIX_V7.6.0DVD-2015-11-21-EN.iso and $ cat KNOPPIX_V7.6.0DVD-2015-11-21-EN.iso > /dev/sdb I now running KNOPPIX 7.6.0 and now install it to the harddisk.
And? Do you also have → persistent memory and → UNIONFS?
In my last posting I forgot to mention, how to use Knoppix without DVD-drive.
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 12-10-2015 at 05:46 PM.
You can read more about isohybrid in the Syslinux Wiki.
@ [email protected]: Thank you for telling us your solution. I did not know the program isohybrid before.
I did not know about kvm-qemu, I have to change bios setting to get it working, nice and thanks you all.

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99