I installed the German Version onto my hdd and I can log on using the knoppix login in english as long as i use the cheat code "knoppix lang=us" at startup how do I make this apply to root as well
Thanks
Matt
I installed the German Version onto my hdd and I can log on using the knoppix login in english as long as i use the cheat code "knoppix lang=us" at startup how do I make this apply to root as well
Thanks
Matt
If you are starting up in KDE (and the systray is on the taskbar), there is probably a little picture of a German Flag. Click on that until it changes into an American flag and that should be all you need to do.
Otherwise (still relatively new to KDE so bear with me), in the configuration menu (icon looks like a computer PCI card), I believe there is a KDE setup wizard that will allow you to set language, etc.
Hope this is of some help,
Joe
This page should help.Originally Posted by standmatt
There is another step that helps. You have to edit or change the file /ets/sysconfig/i18n so that it looks like the following.
LANG="C"
COUNTRY="us"
LANG="C"
LANGUAGE="us"
CHARSET="iso8859-1"
XMODIFIERS=""
If, like me, you forget to enter the lang=us before installing to the hard drive the file will look like
ANG="de_DE@euro"
COUNTRY="de"
LANG="de_DE@euro"
LANGUAGE="de"
CHARSET="iso8859-15"
XMODIFIERS=""
Let me know how you make out

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99