-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Luke M
Unlike all previous versions, 7.6 doesn't automatically mount CDs. I have to type "mount /media/sr0".
My Knoppix 7.7.0 is a LiveUSB on a Dell Inspiron which has a r/w cd/dvd drive in it.
This implies legacy boot and a remote possibility of systemd messing with things.
I was surprised that cds were not always being recognized, along with other media.
However, I finally noted that, for my set-up anyway, a cd physically in place
in the cd drive reader during boot will be recognized, whereas a cd added after boot
will not be recognized.
So, one work-around for Knoppix 7.7.0 LiveUSB legacy boot users is simply just to
re-boot with the cd in place. I would not be surprised that this problem and work-
around might apply to earlier Knoppix LiveUSBs as well, but I haven't checked this out.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97