-
Senior Member
registered user
I followed the instructions by marlas to create a 'knoppified debian live cd'. The original list of repositories
/etc/apt/sources.list was replaced with the one from Knoppix 7.6.0 before running 'apt-get update' for the first time.
The Debian live CD standard comes without the desktop environment. I installed the lxde meta package plus the packages
xinit and lxde-common. I used the package list of Knoppix 7.6.0 to decide which packages are to be installed.
Since not all knoppix packages were available in the repository I created a few from Knoppix 7.6.0 with the debian-repack
command: bluez-utils, bttool-knoppix, cgroup-remove-knoppix, knoppix-udev-config, lxsession, network-setup-knoppix,
openssh-client, openssh-server, openssh-sftp-server, rootshell-knoppix, scanpartitions-knoppix, ssh, ssh-askpass,
sshstart-knoppix, sysvinit, sysv-rc, usleep-knoppix, x11-xserver-utils. It was necessary to create the group nm-openvpn
with gid 154 manually before all packages for the networkmanager could be properly installed.
In addition to the instructions in post #1 I added the user knoppix with uid 1000 before I copied the directory
/home/knoppix from Knoppix 7.6.0. I also added the user knoppix to the groups disk, dialout, fax, voice, cdrom, floppy,
tape, sudo, audio, dip, backup, video, plugdev, users, fuse, netdev.
The files in the directories /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/10-vendor.d and /etc/dbus-1/system.d were copied to the
corresponding remastering directories. I also copied the directory /lib/udev/devices to the remastering directory.
The ISO is 890 MB large.
The remastered ISO boots as describe by marlas. In runlevel 5 it fails to start the desktop environment. There appeared an
error message
xf86EnableIOPorts: failed to set IOPL for I/O (Operation not permitted)
I created a file /home/knoppix/.xinitrc with the single command The file is owned by the user
knoppix. In runlevel 2 after
Code:
su - knoppix
startx
I found the following error message in the logfile /home/knoppix/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log
(EE) systemd-logind: failed to get session: Failed to execute program org.freedesktop.login1: Permission denied
What has to be done to solve the issue?
Btw. root is allowed to start the desktop environment if I create a file .xinitrc in / with the line 'exec startlxde'.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED
$40.99