Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: HD Install

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2

    HD Install

    Ok, I have the knoppix live 7.2.0 CD and using Gparted I have partitioned my main HDD to have 24Gb set aside for knoppix, formatted to ext3, in this partition I have created a smaller 3Gb swap partition. The total 24Gb partition is now mounted. When I try to install knoppix it just comes back with the same option of using GParted, it will not find the already formatted partition and install to it. I am new to knoppix and linux but am very familiar with PCs. I have been following instructions to the letter but knoppix just won't find the partition. I've looked on line for answers but I think my question is too specific, is there anyone out there who has had to overcome the same glitch?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Read the "help" part of the tool Knoppix HD Install.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2

    [QUOTE=Werner P. Schulz;133389]Read the "help" part of the tool Knoppix HD Install.[/

    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Read the "help" part of the tool Knoppix HD Install.
    Well, I thought I'd read all the "help" parts, though maybe not early enough in proceedings. If you would agree to assist me with some advice occasionally it would help me tremendously.
    I thank you sir.

    Nick

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ..all the "help" parts..
    Don't read all. Read only the help of Knoppix own tool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE picture

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE

$59.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW) picture

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)

$999.99



Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS picture

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS

$8199.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p

$89.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB picture

Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB

$285.00