-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks for the info, I think I've got this figured out finally.

Originally Posted by
ICPUG
As is always the case with the Linux Magazine /CeBIT edition of Knoppix what is released is the Live DVD that would be formed if you burnt the iso to DVD. The iso itself is not made available as far as I am aware. You buy the magazine - you get the DVD - you boot up with it and go.
It's important to note that Linux Magazine is a European pub. The same issue in Linux Pro Magazine has a different , non-Knoppix DVD offering.

Originally Posted by
ICPUG
Here the German page describes 7.7, but the English page describes 7.6.
This may be because there seems to be no English Knoppix CeBIT sessions scheduled.

Originally Posted by
ICPUG
My German is non-existant but I can see from that page that 7.7 uses a later version of the linux kernel than 7.6. Then there is the additional software I mentioned in this 'exclusive' CeBIT edition.
The 7.7 3d stuff is probably the same as in 7.6.
I expect the really new stuff in 7.7 other than current version upgrades of everything, are the following:
BFQ kernel patch, a new backup program, and behind the scenes, an upgraded libc6 to get around its
long-standing vulnerability.
If I'm right, only the BFQ stuff interests me; but, I really wonder if BFQ has anything to offer in a single-user situation.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Here is a little update on the CeBIT Knoppix offering:
http://www.linux-magazin.de/Ausgaben...4/Knoppix-7.7#
Google translate does handle this page if you highlight its text a paragraph at a time
and click the big 'T' icon to do the translation. It mentions the libc situation in two places.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

TFORCE DELTA 32GB RAM RGB (16Gx2)
$150.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$47988.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00

TeamGroup T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000Mz (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory
$188.00