Quote Originally Posted by philo View Post
Is it so boring just to wait for the next latest and greatest official release?
7.7 brings a lot of things up-to-date and adds a few new things, but for the most part looks to me like 7.6.1.
It makes libc6 a little better, but it is still behind on the very latest patches for libc6.
systemd noises noted on 7.6.1 dmesgs are still evident in 7.7.
7.7 advertises Firefox 45, but my 7.7 iso installed Iceweasel 44.
With a Synaptic reload, one can bring these last two situations more up-to-date.
I'm not aware that BFQ affects anything noticeable in my Knoppix desktop experience,
and I don't have any current need for the new 3d & backup stuff that 7.6 and 7.7 offer.

A singular feature of 7.7 (relative to 7.6.1, for example) is using a cloop solely to bring in Flash for Iceweasel or Firefox.
I expect this is reasonable if Linux/LinuxPro magazines have authority to distribute, where Klaus K does not.
This feature may have been in prior CeBIT Knoppix versions; I never looked at one before.