-
Is it a mistake to leave scripts in /etc/init.d that I dont want to run at boot time?
I have Knoppix installed on my hard disc (distro 7.0.2, kernel release 3.3.7.).
Could you please tell me if ALL scripts in the directory /etc/init.d/ are
executed at boot time?
The reason I ask is because I have altered (intelligently) one or two of the
standard scripts that are in /etc/init.d/, such as
/etc/init.d/knoppix-startx
/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig.
But before I altered them, I kept a copy of the originals in /etc/init.d/, and
in the above case the copies I kept are
/etc/init.d/knoppix-startx-ORIG
/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig-ORIG.
Does this mean that these latter scripts are actually being run at boot time
AS WELL AS
/etc/init.d/knoppix-startx
/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig?
The system seems to run fine, but it's only just occurred to me (after a couple
of years of use), that I might be running 2 lots of scripts as above.
Your advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Digital Movie Poster ( USB-flash drive)
$100.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$49.99