-
Is this possible?, how?
I don't know if this is possible or not but I wanted to ask if you can help me:
1.- Booting from cd/dvd
2.- After booting from it, then: Loading from hard drive or pendrive some configurations (network, programs, etc).
3.- When I shutdown the computer only what I want will be saved in this hard drive or pen drive configuration (only browser updates and add-ons updates)
I know I could use a pen drive with persistence, but I don't want my knoppix to be changed in any way when I am using it (to avoid virus, malware or who knows what). That's why I need to boot with cd/dvd and load some minimal configurations.
Ideas?
Thanks a lot.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$333.99