-
Senior Member
registered user
In practice, the distinction is not very clear-cut, Knoppix 7.6.1 may be viewed as something of a 32/64 hybrid. Running the 64-bit kernel with the right 32/64 libraries, you may be able to make quite a few 64-bits applications run, and arch reports x86_64, exactly the same as my live Debian 8.3.0. I could run that as a 64-bits guest in kvm, but I couldn't make VMware install the 64-bits version of Workstation 10. There might be a workaround for that, but I don't take the time to look for it, for I am able to use standard Debian 8.3.0 in about the same way I have used Knoppix, with poor man's installs and persistent store.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Sealed Vintage Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapters Drivers CD Ver 3.1 Vintage PC NEW
$39.61

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Dell Latitude XPi CD P150ST Vintage Computer - Not Working
$70.00

Vintage NEC Versa V/50 Notebook Computer with UNTESTED as/is
$29.99

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00